Unique Student Identifier (USI)
1st January 2015, If you are a student undertaking nationally recognised training in Australia, you must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) by Student Identifiers Act 2014 and Student Identifiers Regulation 2014. This includes nationally recognised training delivered as part of the VET delivered in secondary schools programme.
The USI is an identification number that is assigned to an individual by the Commonwealth Department of Industry. Records of qualifications and programs undertaken by a student from 2015 onwards will be maintained in a central database. Students will be able to access their records and training history through the USI Portal.
All students applying to undertake a course, MUST supply their USI on their Enrolment Form.
To obtain your USI is a quick and easy process - go to www.usi.gov.au and click on the 'Students' menu item, follow the "Create your USI" link. The process only takes 5 minutes of submitting your application for your USI, you will then receive an email with your details.
Your enrollment into a course of your choice will not be confirmed until we have received your USI.
Creating a USI
Creating a Unique Student Identifier (USI) is quick, easy and free. Here is a step by step tutorial showing you exactly what you will need to follow to create your USI.
- Have a Proof of Identity (POI) document out for reference.
Please check the list of acceptable forms of POI. You must produce at least 1 current document from this list. Ask us if you need help with POI. When creating your USI you must use the details exactly as per your POI document.
- Go to the USI Creation page
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
If the Terms and Conditions page does not appear, go straight to step 4.
- Enter your contact details.
- Confirm your identity.
- Secure your account by setting your USI password and ‘check’ questions.
Your USI will now be displayed on the screen.
Please take a note of your USI and keep it with you in case you are asked for it during your training. You must advise each new training organisation of your USI.
For any further information go to www.usi.gov.au
Protection of your privacy
The privacy of individuals in the Unique Student Identifiers initiative is protected under the Student Identifiers Act 2014 andthe Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The USI scheme has been designed to protect the privacy of individual USI account holders in a number of ways:
- Only minimal personal information is retained in the USI Registry System
- individuals have control over access to their USI account
- the USI can be collected, used and disclosed only if permitted by law or authorised by the individual
How do I use USI?
Each time you enrol with a new training organisation remember to give them your USI!
Get your white card now!Apply Now!
- Complete White Card Online Course - Open 24 Hours
- Your White Card mailed out 1-3 working days after course completion
- Easy To Follow WTC (World Tec College) Online Training
- 100% Online Course ONLY $39.00
- NATIONALLY Recognised
- One-time Payment
- Must-have for anyone wishing to work on a construction site
- have a White Card course by law (WHS Regulations 2011)